Ferry to Santorini
HOW TO GET TO SANTORINI BY FERRY
We have prepared a small user guide that will help passengers to get to Santorini as easily and pleasantly as possible.
Find useful information on how to get to Santorini by ferry, local public transportation options to reach your overnight hotel in Santorini, port addresses and embarkation offices, ferry schedules and prices for Santorini ferry, and real-time departures and arrivals with the ferry to/from Santorini.
- All year round there are ferries running to Santorini from Athens and Piraeus, while from May to September there are frequent ferries from Paros, Naxos, Ios, Folegandros, Milos, Crete (Heraklion and Rethymnon), Mykonos, Rhodes, Kos, Astypalaia, and from some more Aegean islands.
Getting to Santorini by ferry is the best option you have and it can be a very nice and exciting experience and especially if you are doing some island-hopping too. Greek islanders are seasoned ferry experts and they prefer to travel by ferry to / from Santorini due to the convenience and flexibility it offers!
Cars are allowed on most ferries running to or from Santorini, for an additional fee and children usually travel for half price!
- There is a choice of Conventional and High-speed catamaran ferries running frequently to/from Santorini with stops along the way.
Give a departure port and a date and find all possible ferry to/from Santorini destinations!
Notice: Each year and depending on the period, there may be more or fewer connections to Santorini. The biggest shipping companies (ferry operators) announce the new ferry schedules to and from Santorini by the end of December and the rest of them by January-March each year!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES ON SANTORINI
Buses and Taxis are all available to help travelers get around in Santorini. The Public Transportation Services on Santorini are not always convenient and smooth however the new regular services take you to all parts of Santorini at a low cost.
The ports of Santorini
Santorini has 4 seaports that serve not only ferries and cruise ships but also yachts and fishing boats.
- The ferry port Athinios where the ferries land in Santorini.
- The old port Skala is built below Fira where the cruise ships put anchor daily.
- The Amoudi bay which is situated below the village of Oia is a genuine small fishing port with lovely local eateries right by the sea. From Amoudi there are small boats that sail to the island of Thirassia. Also, some boat tours start and end there.
- Vlychada port is next to the beach of Vlychada where small fishing boats and yachts put anchor. Many boat tours start and end here too.
Public Transportation from Athinios port
- The public Buses to Fira Town meet most of the ferries that arrive in Athinios port. All the buses at Athinios port go straight to Fira central station but often do intermediate stops to the villages of Pyrgos, Karterados & Messaria.
- Buses to the port leave Fira station about an hour before the scheduled departures of the ferries leaving Santorini.
- The buses go through the villages of Karterados and Messaria. You will see a schedule posted outside the central bus station in Fira.
- The bus ticket from Athinios port to Fira central station cost approx. 2.30 Euros per way. For night routes from 00:30 to 05:00 the cost is approx. 2.90 Euros.
Public Bus Services on Santorini
- There is a frequent public bus network service that runs to all the villages of the island departing and ending in Fira Town.
- Travelers going to Oia need to change bus in Fira‘s main bus station.
- The tickets can be purchased by the bus collector, and the price can vary from 1.80 to 2.50 Euros per person and per route.
- Fira – Airport
- Fira – Akrotiri
- Fira – Baxedes
- Fira – Exo Gonia
- Fira – Kamari
- Fira – Monolithos
- Fira – Oia
- Fira – Perissa
- Fira – Vlihada
- Fira - Vourvoulos
- The main station in Fira: 25 Martiou str. and Danezi M. str., near Alpha bank
- Tel. +30 2286025404
- E-mail: [email protected] UPDATED DETAILS
Taxis on Santorini
- At Athinios port, there is a taxi station, where the cabs are waiting after the ferry arrival, although many of them have been booked in advance!
- All taxis are gray and have a lit ‘taxi’ sign on top.
- Taxis can sit up to 4 passengers although they might not be able to take that many suitcases.
- Cabs in Greece apply extra charges for excess baggage, port picks up and night transfers.
- Taxis will take you to most places on the island.
- If you are in Fira town, there is a taxi stand at the main square.
- With just a phone call you can be picked up from any point of the island.
Main locations for taxis in Santorini:
- Fira’s taxi stand is on Dekigala just around the corner from the bus station
- Athinios port
- Taxi and Radio-Taxi number: +30 2286022555, +30 6906794316
- E-mail: [email protected], DETAILS
- Prices: From Athinios port to Fira Town approx. 12-15 Euros
Tip: Most of the hotels in Santorini have their own minibus and will transfer you from the port to the hotel or vice versa. Try ringing them to find out if this service is available!
Note: All the above information for the ferry to or from Santorini was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice.
SCHEDULES, PRICES AND AVAILABILITY TO/FROM SANTORINI BY FERRY
Book your ferry to Santorini with any ferry company that suits you better and enjoy your journey in Greece! The “Easy-Way” booking system of go-Ferry.com, allows the most reliable online ferry reservations and offers cheaper, faster and better services for your ferry ticket to or from Santorini.
With go-Ferry.com you are able to connect online with the reservation systems of the most Greek shipping companies, to compare prices, to find information about routes and vessels, to look for alternative routes and to print instantly your Santorini ferry confirmation.
Ferry timetables may change by season, so take an optical canvassing via our search engine to receive the latest cull of dates, schedules, prices and availability to Santorini by ferry. With so many accommodation options to cull from, you can be sure to find the best deal for the ferry to or from Santorini at a price that fits your budget.
Complete the under bellow fields and click on SHOW to compare the prices of all operators that run to and from Santorini by ferry!
BOOK IN ADVANCE YOUR FERRY TO/FROM SANTORINI
Arrange your ferry journey to Santorini in advance
It is very important that you have organized your ferry to or from Santorini in advance, having arranged all the details. You don't want something to go wrong, and you can achieve perfect holidays with a great organization. In addition to hotel accommodation and air-tickets, when you book the boat tickets to or from Santorini you know that everything is under control even before leaving home.
There are many reasons why you should arrange to book in advance your ferry to Santorini. Here are some of the most important:
Pay for Hotel in Santorini without using it!
During the high season in Greece, and especially in July and August, it is likely that you won't find ferry tickets to popular destinations, such as Santorini, if you don't book them in advance. So, don't make the mistake to book your hotel on Santorini without having booked the ferry pass to Santorini. The last thing you want is to get to the port and not find an available ferry to or from Santorini!
Save time in Santorini!
Although we charge a commission for acquiring ferry bookings to Santorini, this allows you not only to secure your ferry tickets to Santorini but also to save time in Santorini; besides receiving a service and attention of first.
Have a bigger choice of Santorini Ferry Tickets!
Buying in advance gives you a better chance of getting the ferry tickets to Santorini, on the ferry you prefer and at the schedule you want. It does not make sense that your trip to/from Santorini is interrupted by not finding available ferry departures, but it is possible.
Find more Santorini Ferry routes!
If you want to organize your vacations to or from Santorini, it is wise to check all the possible routes and timelines in order to make the right combinations between Santorini and other destinations as well as between the air and the ferry tickets. Online, you can have an overview of all the routes going to or from Santorini.
Get the best deal by Santorini Ferry prices!
Ferry tickets to/from Santorini can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. It has become a regular practice for ferries to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking ferry tickets to or from Santorini up to 3-6 months in advance.
Feeling Great having Santorini ferry ticket in your pocket!
You will feel a great feeling when having the ferry ticket confirmation to or from Santorini in your hands. The reservation with us will allow you to secure your ferry to or from Santorini, you will be relieved to have the confirmation in your hands or on your smartphone!
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS ON THE FERRY TO/FROM SANTORINI
Find out about the ferry types that are running to/from Santorini, choose the ideal accommodation option on the ferry to/from Santorini and get fresh and relaxed at your destination. Comfortable armchairs, business class comfort seats, outside and inside cabins or economy deck chairs. There is a range of accommodation options to choose for a day or night ferry to or from Santorini.
It is one of the most famous islands of the Cyclades as well as one of the most renowned Greek islands around the globe. Santorini presents a unique geological phenomenon, as today it is what has been left from the initial one (Stroggyli), which was submerged into the sea after the eruption of its volcano during the 16th century B.C. This was one of the most violent eruptions in the history of the Earth: the three quarters of the island were subm…More
ONE DAY TRIPS FROM SANTORINI
While in Santorini, don't miss the chance to visit the famous island of Mykonos!
Take our Full-Day Trip/Cruise to the treasures of the Cyclades, get the chance to take a taste of the life Mykonos island and enjoy it!
- 1-Day Trip To Mykonos