Ferry from - to Italy
FERRIES IN ITALY
There are many services connecting Italy with its islands as well as Italy with most of the Mediterranean countries; the main links are with ferry boats.
Regular services connect the mainland with Italy's many islands, and conventional and high-speed ferries also operate between the mainland and the islands.
The most important ferry routes within Italy, include:
- Civitavecchia, Genoa and Livorno to Sardinia
- Genoa, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Salerno and Naples to Sicily
- Naples to the Lipari islands (Vulcano, Salina, Stromboli, Filicudi, Alicudi and Panarea)
- Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano and Salerno to the Pontine islands (Capri, Ischia, Procida)
- Piombino to Elba
- Bastia (Sardinia) to Elba
- Livorno to Capraia
Connections between the Italian islands:
- Ferry Palermo to Porto Torres (Sardinia) or vice versa
The most popular International ferry routes departing from Italy:
- Italy to Greece
- Italy to Spain
- Italy to Morocco
- Italy to Tunisia
- Italy to Malta
- Italy to Croatia
- Italy to Albania
EMBARKATION PORTS IN ITALY
Find all the necessary information you need for easy boarding in Italy's ports!
Main Italy's embarkation ports for the major destinations:
The most popular embarkation ports on Italy's islands:
FERRY TICKETS IN ITALY
Ferry ticket prices are usually reasonable, but vary depending on the time of year and are more expensive in July and August. Some routes are operated only during the summer and are restricted during the winter or maybe completely suspended.
Depending on the route the type of ship varies; shorter routes are served by simpler and smaller vessels or fast ones, longer routes by modern boats that can carry up to 1,800 passengers and 500 vehicles, with restaurants, bars, shops, discos and cinemas on board. Long-haul ferries also provide bedroom facilities in the form of reclining seats (Airtype) and luxury cabins with showers and toilets.
Duration and ferry ticket prices in Italy
- Genoa to Palermo: 21 hours, approximate ticket price €75
- Livorno to Palermo: 19 hours, appr. economy ticket from €50
- Salerno or Naples to Palermo: 11-13 hours, appr. ticket price €40-55 respectively
- Ancona to Patras: 24 hours, appr. deck price from €60
- Venice to Igoumenitsa: 28 hours, economy ferry ticket from €70
- Bari to Corfu: 16 hours, deck ticket from €65
- Genoa to Olbia: 13 hours, economy tickets from €60
- Livorno to Olbia: 9 hours, ferry ticket from €40
- Brindisi to Igoumenitsa: 11 hours, tickets from €45
Demand for most routes is high most of the time, so early booking is essential. You also need to book in advance when traveling during the rush period, especially if you are driving a vehicle. Keep in mind when planning a trip that departures are few on the longest routes, some of which only have one departure every three or four days a week.